New York has a better idea what the new Tappan Zee Bridge will look like in five-plus years after Gov. Cuomo and state officials presented three design finalists Tuesday.
The three conceptual designs, and other details, were gleaned from the three consortiums bidding to replace the Tappan Zee Bridge. The New York State Thruway Authority makes the final choice Dec. 17.
Tappan Zee Bridge Option 1
• Proposed price: $3.142 billion
• Construction time: 5 years, 2.5 months
• Dredging: Approximately 951,000 cubic yards
• Proposed price: $3.990 billion
• Construction time: 5 years, 11.5 months
• Dredging: Approximately 1.8 million cubic yards
• Proposed price: $4.059 billion
• Construction time: 5 years, 11 months
• Dredging: Approximately 1.55 million cubic yards
Now that you’ve seen the three bridge designs, tell us what you think.
Read our Editorial on the bridge designs, including why it’s important to see them even if they’re only conceptual.
Images courtesy of New York Thruway Authority